1 cup sticky rice, soaked overnight with water
3/4 coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
4 pandan leaves
6 pandan leaves
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
1tbs rice flour
1 tsp corn flour
1. Place the soaked sticky rice, which should absorbed all the water, in the steamer.
2. Pour over the coconut milk and top it with cut pandan leaves
3. Steam the right until set, but not cooked through. Remove pandan leaves and discard.
4. For toppings. cut the pandan leaves into small pieces and grind using mortar and pestle.
5. Squeeze out the green juice through a fine mesh or strainer into a small bowl.
6. Beat the eggs with sugar for 2-3 miunutes, or until the sugar is completely dissolved. Sieve the mixture into a bowl
7. Whisk together the coconut milk , rice flour and cornflour, then pour on to the sugar and egg mixture and whisk thoroughly to make a smooth thin custard.
8. Stir in pandan juice. The mixture will have a delicate green tint.