This is another way of making pinakbet!
We don’t have the classic ingredients like string beans, ampalaya, okra, so I made use of what’s available and I used oyster sauce here!
It’s amazingly gooood! Pinakbet the american version! 🙂
Peeled and sliced squash
1. Sautee Garlic and onions
2. Add tomatoes when galic is brown and onions are transparent.
3. Add shrimp paste
4. Add beef, continue stirring until beef is soaked with sauce
5. Add squash, stir for one minute and add water and oyster sauce.
4. Simmer until squash is tender (I like this to be very tender and
almost one with the sauce.)
5. Add eggplant and continue to simmer, add water when turned dry.
6. When eggplant is almost cooked, add asparagus. (this cooks
pretty fast, so I goes last. )
7. When Asparagus is cooked and sauce becomes thick, final taste with little salt. (shrimp paste and oyster sauce are already salty)
8. Serve hot with rice!