It is spicy tomato-based soup with pouch egg and wakame (a seaweed called kelp). Very healthy, used frequently by Koreans and Japanese on their soup.
This sour, spicy and a little hint of sweet.
Try it and you would like to cook it again! You don’t need to visit the nearest Thai or Vietnames restaurant soon, cause their dish is at your home!
Sliced seeded lots of Tomatoes (7 – 10)
Chopped Mint leaves
Chopped spring onions
dried or fresh chili red peppers (you can take this out if you don’t want too spicy)
pouch egg (egg cooked in boiling water)
chicken broth cubes or Chicken stock or chicken broth (just dont include the broth when serving)
1. Soak the wakame into warm water.
2. Heat the sauce pan and sautee garlic, ginger, cilantro and chili red pepper (smell will be very strong)
3. Add the tomatoes, basil, bay leaves, fish sauce and mint.
4. Add stock. If stock not available use chicken cubes. (I don’t use chicken cubes and I don’t have stock
ready so I put chicken broth in the soup).
5. Simmer for 25 mins.
6. Taste with salt, lime and little pepper.
7. Meanwhile drip the water from soak wakame.
Serve hot with pouch eggs and soaked wakame. Enjoy the soup!