I love Dimsum Break’s fried rice and Louise loves it too. While we were ordering one day, their cook was on the process of making it. So my eyes were glued at the kitchen and I discovered their secret! They use soy sauce and fish sauce in their fried rice! Yey! From then on my fried rice never missed the two condiments.
You can do many things about fried rice, like how you can do things about sandwiches too. So keep your imagination open for the choices.
This is good on the weekend, when all of us is not in a hurry in the morning.
Steamed Cooked rice
Shrimp paste ( bagoong)
Sesame oil/ olive oil
1. Heat oil in a wok
2. Sautee garlic in oil then add the sesame seed, ham and
half of the spring onions.
3. Add the rice and shrimp paste. Mix the spices and rice constantly.
4. When uniformly mixed, leave the rice for a little while
(about 3 mins).
5. Then add salt, fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix well and leave it
again for about 3 mins
6. Add beaten egg and mix well for about a minute.
7. Add the other half of the spring onions and serve hot.